Keep up-to-date with the latest news and developments with SGLH.
Recording historic gardens and
Find out more about the events organised by SGLH.
SGLH is a registered charity, and our aim is to promote and protect Scotland’s historic garden and designed landscape heritage.
SGLH was launched in May 2015. As the successor to the Garden History Society in Scotland (GHSS) and the Garden History Society in Scotland Conservation Trust (GHSSCT), we have been actively campaigning for our heritage for the last 50 years.
Become a Member
- Promote the study of the history of gardens and gardening, designed landscapes and horticulture.
- Protect the value of our heritage by encouraging the protection and conservation of historic parks, gardens and designed landscapes and by advising on their conservation.
- In order to fulfil these purposes, we undertake the study or research into the history of gardens, parks and designed landscapes and disseminate the results in lectures, publications and on relevant websites.
- We aim to provide or procure the provision of education, training, consultancy, advice, support and guidance, relevant to the history of gardens and designed landscapes.
- We encourage and assist in the formation and development of local or regional recording groups to further the aims of SGLH.
- We produce, print and publish in any media anything devoted to the purposes of the SCIO.
- We promote and advertise the activities of SGLH and seek to influence public opinion.
- We engage with government, local authorities or other public bodies to influence the development, policy, and regulation implemented or proposed to be implemented, relating to gardens and designed landscapes by undertaking campaigning as we are able.
- We co-operate with any international, national, local or other body concerned to achieve our objectives.